Collard Greens and Cottage Cheese
If you had a chance to try this at the Pemberton Farmers market this month, you will bookmark this page. Visit Nidhi under the Downtown Community Barn on Friday, between 3pm and 6:30pm, and see what she’s cooked up for Market-goers this week.
Collard Greens 5 medium leaves
Indian Cottage Cheese 100 grams
Fresh green peas 50 grams
Fennel powder 1 tsp
Ginger powder 1 tsp
Paprika 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Milk 1 cup
Olive oil 1 tsp
Non dairy coconut milk 1/2 cup
1. Wash collard Greens, remove veins, stem julienne and set aside.
2. Cube Cottage Cheese into bite size squares and set aside.
3. Heat a medium size ceramic pan and warm the oil.
4. Add all the spices and sauté for a minute.
5. Add the milk or ccconut milk and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes on low heat to cook the spices.
6. Add the Cottage Cheese and cook for a minute. Add the peas and simmer another minute.
7.Serve hot on rice!