You know those days.
The ones that are cold, wet and miserable and you walk the dog only to feel chilled to the bones. Or it’s snowing so hard you just want to curl up in front of the fire with a good book and a huge mug of coffee. The ones when all you want to do is eat comfort food, but with the least amount of effort to make it.
Well I found it in this recipe for Creamy Chicken with Biscuits. 🙂 Place all the ingredients (except the biscuits) in the slow cooker and leave it to do it’s thing for 3 to 6 hours, depending on the temperature setting you choose! Isn’t the slow cooker magic?
And what makes this recipe even better are those biscuits. You could go the extra easy [ie lazy] route and buy some store-bought ready-made biscuits OR you could make up the simple recipe that’s included for Easy Drop Biscuits. Just put all the ingredients in a food processor and mix together. I ended up bringing mine together on the counter so I really felt that I had put the effort in, and because all I really have is a hand blender chopper thing so it doesn’t work quite as well! 😉
Anyway, boy were they worth it! They made the dish even better and merited the 10 minutes it took to make them. Flaky, buttery and oh so yummy.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, butter, baking powder, and salt; pulse until pea-size clumps form.
- Add the milk and pulse just until moistened.
- Drop 6 large mounds of the dough (about ½ cup each) onto a baking sheet.
- Bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
Now you know what to throw in the slow cooker on the next cold, wet, miserable day. You’re welcome!